Saturday, May 4, 2013
Just finished Priscilla Hewitt's Cotton Bath Puff. I did mine in Red Heart Super Saver 100% acrylic in Lavender or Lt Orchid. Can't remember the color name and the band is long gone lol. Pattern can be found at: web.archive.org/web/20010816055315/members.aol.com/lffunt/bath.htm
Worked up in about 6 hours total. Round 2 took the longest but was worth it in the end. Will be testing it out later. ;) I prefer acrylic over cotton because the cotton tends to absorb the soap instead of allow it to lather.
What are your thoughts?
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Free PDF here.
Size H/8-5.00 mm or I/9-5.50 mm Crochet Hook (see Notes)
With H/8-5.00 mm Crochet Hook, Rounds 1-2 = approx. 2.25" diameter.
With I/9-5.50 mm Crochet Hook, Rounds 1-2 = approx. 2.75" diameter.
For Coaster, make 1 main piece skipping to edging after Round 3 using H/8-5.00 mm Crochet Hook.
For Potholder, make 2 main pieces using H/8-5.00 mm Crochet Hook. Place pieces together with backs touching and work edging through back loops of both pieces.
For Washcloth, make 1 main piece using I/9-5.50 mm Crochet Hook.
Coaster: Approx. 4.25" diameter.
Potholder: Approx. 6.5” diameter.
Washcloth: Approx. 6.75” diameter.
Rnd 1: In adjustable double ring, ch 3, 11 dc, pull ring closed tightly, join with sl st to top of beg ch-3.
Rnd 2: Ch 3, 1 dc in same st, 2 dc in ea dc around, join with sl st to top of beg ch-3. (24 dc)
Rnd 3: Ch 3, 2 dc in next dc, (1 dc in next dc, 2 dc in next dc) around, join with sl st to top of beg ch-3. (36 dc)
Rnd 4: Ch 3, 1 dc in next dc, 2 dc in next dc, (1 dc in next 2 dc, 2 dc in next dc) around, join with sl st to top of beg ch-3. (48 dc)
Rnd 5: Ch 3, 1 dc in next 2 dc, 2 dc in next dc, (1 dc in next 3 dc, 2 dc in next dc) around. Work invisible join, joining last dc to top of beg ch-3. Weave in ends. (60 dc)
Attach contrasting color yarn anywhere, ch 1, sc in same st, (sc in next dc, ch1) around ending with sc. Work invisible join, joining last sc to first sc. Weave in ends.
Sunday, March 10, 2013
- Tasha's Blanket -- Currently on hold. Got about 8" done. Pattern here. Using Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in 3 shades of purple and size 8 circular knitting needles. Each row is taking about 30 min.
- Mom's Blanket -- Making a daisy square afghan for Mother's day. To get this pattern, you have to join Krochet Krystal's group on Yahoo. Going to make 30 squares (5x6). Completed 4 so far. Using Red Heart Super Saver in Amethyst, Soft White, and Turqua and Size H/8-5.00 mm Crochet Hook. Each square is taking about 2 hours.
- Ruffle Scarf -- This is just a side project I work on a little at time. Got about 7-8" done so far. Pattern here. Using Red Heart Boutique Sashay Yarn in Boogie and Size 8 knitting needles.
- Pot lid grabber hats (to be used for cookie jars). Customer wants me to use size 3 crochet thread. So far this one has been a bit of a challenge. The design isn't looking right because of it's size. Hoping to figure this one out soon.
- Did this today just for a little something different. Pattern here. Edging here. Using Martha Stewart Crafts 35% wool/65% acrylic yarn in Lilac and Size 8 knitting needles. This worked up in about 3 hours or so.