Sunday, July 10, 2011

Homemade Yarn Bobbin

So I started working on the front side of the pillow and I quickly discovered that changing colors so much is slightly problematic when it comes to keeping the yarn untangled. I was watching an episode of Knit & Crochet Today and they were making a knit cushion on which they did change colors a lot. They used yarn bobbins. (Duh!) Of course I don't have any and the closest store to buy any is 60 miles away. I was talking to my husband about making me some wooden ones when he suggested cardboard. (2nd Duh!) So I googled images of yarn bobbins and found a very good picture of some made by the Susan Bates company. I just drew the image on the cardboard and cut it out and voila! Cheap and quick yarn bobbins.
Hope this helps somebody...
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...