Sunday, June 3, 2012

Craft Auction Project

Well.......today I changed my mind about the item I'm making for the craft auction. I received an email about a pattern I had commented on previously because I had some trouble with it at first. I forgot to unsubscribe to the future comments after I got my issue resolved. Luckily for me I didn't. ;) The email stated that the poster could use the pattern to make a blanket. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks...that would be so much prettier than a giant granny square. The pattern can be found at: www.CrochetSpot.com/crochet-pattern-large-hipster-doily/ The gauge swatch is supposed to be 2" but using 2 strands of worsted weight yarn and a J hook, mine was 6". I estimate if I follow the pattern as written, the finished size will be about 30". I plan to continue for 1 or 2 extra repeats to make it a little larger. Wish me luck though, its down to the wire getting it done. Might be pulling an all-nighter tomorrow to finish it on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...