Thursday, July 28, 2011

Shame on me...

I've gotten really bad about posting here lately. So I've decided to do a couple of things that a lot of yarn crafting blogger's do...WIP Wednesday, Thought for Thursday, FO Friday, etc. As I think of things for the other days I'll start doing them too. Maybe then I can get in the habit of posting more regularly.

So for my first Thought for Thursday I thought I would review a yarn I recently tried out.

I was browsing the new pattern listings on www.CrochetPatternCentral.com to see if anything caught my eye. I found the pattern by Bernat called "Trapper Hat." Inspired by a hunting cap design, I thought it would be interesting to try. So I ordered the recommended yarn from www.Knitting-Warehouse.com. When the yarn came in I was so excited that I started the project within an hour of UPS dropping off the package. I ordered the Bernat® Fab Faux (70 g/2.5 oz; 23 m/25 yds) in Chinchilla. Overall, the yarn is pretty on the skein and worked. However, I didn't like how the pattern ended up. I guess I crocheted it too tightly because it looked more like a saucer than a toboggan. I was very disappointed with it but my sister loved it so I let her have it. Also, if you have allergies, I wouldn't recommend this yarn because the fibers tend to come loose. I've been sneezing and had a runny nose for 2 days now.

Overall evaluation:
  • Weight: Super Chunky
  • Bad for allergy sufferer's 
  • Would definitely use again...but with a different pattern. 
I would love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...